Alpheus provides telecommunications and data center services for enterprises and carriers. As the competitive fiber backbone for Metro Texas, Alpheus is in a unique position to supply resilient data center platforms and support services that help businesses focus on their operations-not their IT. We serve enterprise customers in the healthcare, energy, banking, IT and legal fields.
As an optical network provider for backhaul, transport and outsourced fault management service, we are flexible, content-neutral and responsive to client needs. We deliver metro transport to the places our carrier clients need to go, including end-user building, cell sites, carrier hotels, microwave relay points, and Wi-Fi hotspots.
Our team of professionals is experienced in the telecommunications industry and superior service is our goal. Alpheus Communications was a joint venture between Genesis Park, LP, a regional Houston-based private equity firm and El Paso Corporation. The company was acquired by Gores AC Holdings, LLC in December 2011
The Alpheus ADVANTAGE:
- Scalability: Easily add or subtract capacity as your calling needs change.
- Customization: We offer a host of optional services (LD packages, DID, toll-free numbers, vFAX, telebranch operators services, etc.) to tailor a voice package to your business needs.
- Unmatched reliability: Our fully redundant network architecture, monitored by our own network operations center (NOC), enables uptime performance that is required for enterprise-grade voice services.
- Professional support: Our team is on call 24/7 to answer your questions and resolve any issues with the urgency your business deserves.
The Story of the Alpheus Name
In Greek mythology, the river god Alpheus fell in love with the Nereid Arethusa. When Arethusa became an artesian fountain, Alpheus tunneled underground for thousands of miles to find her sacred waters. At Alpheus, we are no less devoted to our customers, and we use our underground fiber network to transport your mission critical data throughout and between metro Texas.
Data and Internet
- DEDICATED INTERNET ACCESS
- DATA CENTER COLOCATION
- METRO ETHERNET
- MPLS IP-VPN
- DEDICATED INTERNET ACCESS
- LONG-HAUL TRANSPORT
- MANAGED WAVES
- MANAGED DARK FIBER
- FIBER LAST MILE
- BUSINESS VOICE
Is your business moving data and applications to the Cloud? Are you looking for private and reliable network connections that can deliver the performance needed for mission-critical cloud solutions? Network performance is an essential consideration for any successful cloud strategy. A slow and unreliable network can impact your employee productivity at a substantial cost. You don’t put up with unreliable employees, why put up with an unreliable network? Alpheus Cloud Connect delivers private, secure and reliable network connections to cloud service providers such as Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure, enabling your business to operate mission-critical applications with confidence.
Network FOR SUCCESS:
- Private and Secure: Instead of reaching your cloud over the public Internet with best-effort delivery, Alpheus Cloud Connect service provides a private network connection to cloud service providers with service level standards.
- Superior Performance: Private Ethernet point-topoint connection ensures low-latency, high-availability data delivery.
- Scalability for Growth: Scale network capacity with ease, from 20 Mbps up to 1G, from the last mile directly to your cloud service provider.
- Flexible Network Interfaces: 10/100 FE, GigE and 10 GigE.
- Seamless Cloud Access: Whether you are implementing a private, public and/or hybrid cloud, Alpheus can provide single or multiple network connections with ease.